1. It is the only place outside africa to have wild lions
Gir Forest National Park in Gujarat is the only place outside of Africa where you can spot Lions roaming in the wild. It is also the only place where you can find the Asiatic Lion in the world.
2. gujarat is the state with the longest coast line in india
With over 1600KM of coastline Gujarat is the Indian state with the longest coast line which lends itself to international trade and has allowed 45 ports to date to be built along its coast line allowing the state to handle 35% of the national cargo.
3. The Largest producer of processed Diamonds
The city of Surat which is known as Diamond City has seen the state become a key player in the in the multi billion pound international diamond trade. 80% of the world's diamonds are polished in The Diamond City- Surat and the only Non-Jews in the Tel Aviv and Jerusalem Diamond Bourse are Gujaratis.
4. Gujarat is the largest producer of milk in India, Amul – Anand milk is Asia’s biggest dairy
5. Gujarat has The highest number of vegetarian
Which has seen main of the big American chains make pure vegetarian versions of their restaurants. The world’s first pure vegetarian Subway, PIZZA hut, Domino’s and McDonald's 2nd outlet was opened in Gujarat.
6. If gujarat was a nation it would have been the 67th richest nation in the world above many European and Asian economies.
7. Gujarat has the first AYURVEDA university
Ayurveda is defined as
an ancient Indian system of holistic medicine drawn from Vedic literature that seeks to balance individual imbalances through adjustments in diet,exercise, and sleep and involving herbs, aromas, meditation, and yoga to address health issues
This university is probably the reason that Turmeric Lattes were invented (sorry if you don't like them).
8. Gujaratis represent 5% of india's total population
Within that the live on 6% of the surface area of India, but hold more than 30% of the equity of all Indian stocks in the share market currently.
9. gujarat is actually a dry state
You have to have a license to be able to buy alcohol in Gujarat luckily these aren't too hard to come by.
10. Gujarat's GDP has been growing at 12% for the last 12 years which is as fast as China!!
Bonus fact 11. the state games of Gujarat are Kabaddi and of course Cricket.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!